BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I have been thinking about the type of blogs that I enjoy reading. I find Chera's blog in particular to be an enjoyable read. And if I approach things from a somewhat unbiased perspective, it seems hers is more interesting than mine (even when I do update regularly). So what is the difference?

It seems Chera is not tied to the idea that her blog must contain details on all major events of the week. Often she will post an interesting musing, a funny story or a cool picture with no thought towards updating us on exactly what was covered in class or what happened at work.

So I'm going to try and update more along those lines, at least for the next few weeks. Just to try it out.

I had an interview yesterday with Jenks Freshmen Academy and it went very well. Perhaps I am reading them entirely wrong but it certainly seemed that they liked me and my ideas. I'm very hopeful. Jenks is a good district by all accounts (it's certainly a wealthy district, at any rate) and all their classrooms are well equipped. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's a 40 minute drive from our house. I'd rather get a job closer to home.

I find myself to be really interesting at times. I did something the other day that I've been thinking about quite a bit since then. There is a lady who has been coming to our karate class for a few months now who has been working very hard and often asks for further instruction before or after class. This is great. I'm always happy to see students who are willing to come up to brown and black belts and ask for help. So as we're driving home from karate and I turn to Anna and say, "Hey, would you mind taking her under your wing? I think she's needing help with some different stuff but I'd rather you do it, since we're so close in age."

Now why on earth would I decide to do that? This lady has never acted inappropriately or given me reason to want to avoid her...yet my first reaction is something along the lines of, "WARNING! Eligible female!" Why? It's not like I'm afraid of girls. I think perhaps I have taken a lot of the "guard your heart" teachings a little too far.

Right now I'm in a new stage of life, and I'm having to make some changes in my thinking because of that. Up until a few months ago I never gave much thought to winning a girl because I knew I was in no position to support one. Now that is no longer the case. Suddenly I am faced with the fact that if I ever want to get married I must, at some point, make the decision to become serious about a girl. At the moment I don't really have any particular girl in mind, but it is still a somewhat frightening prospect.

I need to go do some other stuff now...next time I update I'm going to give my thoughts on the meaning of Lyoto Machida.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Knowing you, the decision to get serious about a girl will be harder than the decision to propose. Once you're committed to someone you'll have no problem following through. Deciding to purse someone will be the tougher one, for you.

Chera said...

Well, I think you should stick to whatever writing style works best for you, although I am happy that someone actually likes my blog. I always thought it was fairly boring and non-informative, myself, but you know, whatever. ;-)

I wouldn't be too worried about finding a girl. My Great-Aunt always told me and my sisters that we shouldn't go looking around for a husband because God will drop whomever He wants us to be with into our laps. (I'm pretty sure she was talking figuratively.) I think the same holds true for guys. When you meet the one God made for you, you will know.